Colchester: University of Essex Library, Harsnett H.f.28
Summa de potestate ecclesiastica
[Lyons]: [Petrus Ungarus (Pierre Hongre)], [not after 1480]
By the Unicorn Binder. Brown leather on bevelled boards; four raised bands of split alum-tawed thongs. Central panel formed by intersecting tramlines of three-line fillets, filled with small-tool decoration (foliate scrolls and separate wyvern stamp); small tools also outside the frame; the central panel with thin three-line fillets in diaper pattern, each lozenge filled with a small-tool: a fleuron, a pelican, or a stag. Catch-plates and clasps still in situ on the fore-edge; stubs of leather remain. Label formerly on back board, near the top, fixed with ten nails. Evidence for a chain-staple at the foot of the back board, nearer the gutter than the fore-edge; verdigris mark suggests brass or copper; fixed by two nails.
- William Rawson (d. 1495), fellow of Pembroke Hall, Cambridge; price mentioned: 'Liber M. W. Rawson. Solui pro isto – vij s. vj d.' (s. xv ex, front pastedown).
- Pembroke Hall, Cambridge: 'Iste liber constat Aule Penbrochie' (s. xv/xvi, back pastedown).
- Samuel Harsnett (1561–1631), archbishop of York, 1629–31.